Working hours

Exposition

Tue – Sat: 10.00 – 18.00

Administration

Mon – Fri: 9.00 – 17.30

Ticket sale

Up to 30 minutes before closing time

Tickets

Children (up to 7 yo) – free
Students – 2 lv
Outdoors exhibits – 3 lv
Temporary exhibits – 3 lv
Outdoors + Indoors + Temporary Exhibits – 8 lv
Family visit – 12 lv

Find Us

Address: Bulgaria, 9027 Varna,
55 Yanush Hunyadi Blvd
Tel: +359 52/ 74-03-02

See more
Close
Skip to content

Park

The museum park is situated in an area of about 30 decares and is afforested with the unique Mediterranean and coniferous vegetation.

The plan of the park was designed by the Czech Anton Novak – the creator of the sea garden Varna.

The selected vegetable kinds and their location create a complete and exceptionally beautiful vision of the park, different at any season.

The richness of over 50 kinds of trees and shrubs (Lebanese and Althea cedars, fir-trees, black and pines, thujas, cypresses, albicia, Japanese quince-tree, Japanese morello-tree, etc), the various animal inhabitants of the park ecosystem (woodpeckers, squirrels, crows, etc.) make the museum park a real oasis in the centre of one of the busiest trade and housing regions of the town of Varna.

It is a pleasant and safe place for relaxation and plays for families with children, groups of students, and tourists.

In the park perfectly enter the oldest preserved in Bulgaria monument of King Vladislav and his knights, the mausoleum of King Vladislav, built-in 1935, the monument of Yanosh Hunyady.

In the park take place children’s camp-schools “Young knight” and there are demonstrations for tourists.

In the park you can see also:

  • Command post of sultan Murad II

  • Thracian mound, used during the battle of Varna on 10.11.1444 as a command post of sultan Murad II. It is marked by a fragment of an old Turkish fountain, situated in the centre of the town.

  • Token sarcophaguses of the perished Christians with the medieval coats of arms of the countries- participants in the battle of Varna – Bulgarian , Hungarian, Croatian, Polish, Ukrainian, Czech, Slovak, Wallachian and Papal.

  • Museum edifice, biultg in 1964 – architect Kamen Goranov , in which are presented the permanent exposition and the temporary exhibitions, organized by the museum.